As the year is about to end it is always time to look back… NOOOO!!!! It is time to look to the next year ofcourse.. ;-). So what can we expect to be big? Here are my guesses(wishlist):
- TV will change forever: mobile TV, interactive TV, amateur TV and P2P TV
- Hollywood needs to make distribution decisions..DVD vs IP
- Before june a company will be brought down to their knees by a community activity
- The Physical World Connection via 2D barcodes, location and RFID will start to enrich our lives.
- Mobile IM will become mainstream from second half 2007. Usage is dissappointing( I dare it)
- Location based services will become big(on the basis of cell-id not GPS): location aware communities, Geotagging,
- Vlogging will create new idols. Vlogging is nit for the masses(not everyone is entertaining)
- The gap between the connected(web2.0 ers) and the not connected start to become a political item.
- At the same time “the connected” start to use their power, creativity and skills to do good.. Think sustainability(www.worldchanging.com)
- Companies who take cocreation seriously will start to see their first positive results
- Advertising agencies are on the long term predicting financially difficult times
- YouTube’s growth starts to slowdown. The original fans start to spread out to new sites(the MySpace effect)
- Mobile internet does not grow as much as expected(that one is easy)
- Pressure on government starts to grow as they are the only entity which is not connected(no cocreation, dialogue)
- Online addiction becomes an social issue..People just need to be 24 hours a day online..
- Apple Iphone is delayed untill summer because of unstable software
Well this the list until now.. I will think of a couple more probably. Anything to add?